Tuesday, January 14, 2014

How do YOU define yourself?

This is an inspirational talk about self-image and outer appearance from a girl with a very rare syndrom that prevents her body from storing fat or building muscle.

I can relate to much of what she is saying. Her story reminds me of the question I was forced to ask myself time and time again during the first couple of years when the EC was really bad and I felt like a monster: How do I define myself?

Life is in our hands. We are the ones that decides what define us. Turn the negativity around and make it into a ladder to climb your goals. Work your butt off. 

So true.


6 comments:

  1. Well I thank you for this video. it's like a mirror to me and truly inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. Yes, her talk is very inspiring :)

      Delete
  2. hello, i have cheilitis exfoliative too.
    Lizzy inspired me, and your blog is very motivational
    This skin disease is dificult, and very intoerant ambient respect it.
    Because you can hide this condition for other people buy you know your skin isn't nos good and yoju have a problem...
    I find that there is enormous confusion and misunderstanding

    Internet is the light in my life, of course,
    Thank you!

    Nowdays, i apply chapstick, but i am not cured, as you.

    sorry for my bad english

    A greeting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got inspired; inspiration can be a very powerful source of energy that you can use to move forward and overcome obstacles. Thank you for commenting and sharing your thoughts.

      Delete
    2. Hi David, I am the same person, my name is Laura
      thanks for your response!

      You know, I had liked that someone was saying to myself that "it does not matter since it is your appearance, you are beautiful for being who you are"

      But... nobody said it to me, because of it, I will say it to you.
      You are beautiful, David! i tell you really ;)

      I send you a hug from Spain

      so I hope that the message is understood well (i confess that the corrector helped me xD)

      Delete
    3. That is very sweet of you to say Laura. It takes a lot of heart to tell to another person, even though nobody has told you the same. That makes you beautiful!

      Delete