Update: I was asked to upload a photo so here is one from today. This is what my lips looks like most of the time. Notice the small area on the left side of the lower lip: it shows some signs of peeled skin and is slightly more red. It usually heals up pretty in a day or two.
I still use the same beeswax ointment that I have been using for about ten years now. It is a swedish brand and is called "Munkens Bisalva". Read more about it in this post from 2009). I don't store it in the fridge anymore though.
I try not get the lips wet (when I shower or swim) as this usually makes the skin peel more easily and makes the loose flakes turn white.
Medication and/or Supplements
- Fish, eggs, chicken and lean meat
- Greens (all kinds)
- Root vegetables (sweet potatoes, potatoes etc)
- Nuts and seeds
- Olive oil
A little less of (than before):
- Milk, yogurt and cheese
- Wholemeal pasta and bread
- Brown rice, bulgur and quinoa
- Lentils and beans
- Ice cream
- Alcohol (occasionally I like to kick my heels up sometimes but it rarely happens more than 4-5 times a year)
- Soft drinks
- Exercise: 30-60 minutes 3-5 times a week
- Sleep: 7-8 hours per night
- Mindfulness practice: 10 - 40 minutes per day (body scan, focused breathing etc)
- Sun: I try to go outside for at least 15 minutes per day no matter the weather
- A social life: Talking to/meeting family and friends on a daily basis
- Engaging in stuff that is meaningful (to me) or interesting or just plain fun
If you have any questions you can post them in the comments field and I will try to answer them as soon as I can.