Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Current Setup - Update

This is pretty much the same regime I did during the years when my lips were in balance (2005-2009, up until June1), except for the Valtrex pills and meditation (I did progressive relaxation then).


Treatment Routine

Morning procedure: After breakfast and brushing my teeth, I gently "clean" the lips in a circular motion with a cotton swab dipped in luke warm water. Next I very gently apply some lip balm with a new cotton swab, in an even thin layer on the lips, also in a circular motion.


If there are loose flakes they usually peel when I do this. If the skin still is attached to the lip I sometimes leave it alone, and sometimes I continue to gently rub it in a circular motion with lip balm on the cotton swab, and it usually peels after a while. If I manually peel it like this, I don't use any force, just a gentle circular motion as described above.


After I have finished I usually take some kitchen paper and gently press it against the lips (especially around the borders and the corners of my mouth) to make them look less glossy.


Evening procedure: After I have brushed my teeth, I usually do the same procedure as in the mornings, except I usually don't do any manually peeling, and I don't use any kitchen paper.


Lip Balm

* Munkens Bisalva (water free lip balm manufactured in Sweden. I store it in my fridge to make the consistency a little harder and colder than it would be in room temperature. Ingredients: Paraffinum liq., Cera flava (non bleached bees wax), Olea europaea (olive oil), Eugenia caryophyllus (clove and/or carnation oil - I'm not sure which one), Propolis cera (resinous mixture that honey bees collect from tree buds, sap flows etc.), riboflavin (vitamin B2).


Medication & Supplements
* Valtrex - 500 mg per day
* Omega 3 Fish Oil - 1000 mg x 2 per day (two capsules)

Diet
* Fish, eggs, chicken and lean meat
* Wholemeal pasta and bread
* Brown rice, bulgur and quinoa
* Lentils and beans
* Greens, fruit and berries - 500 gram per day (minimum)
* Nuts and seeds
* Olive oil, rapeseed oil and flaxseed oil
* Milk, yogurt and cheese
* Water - 3 liters per day

Lifestyle
* Exercise - 30-60 minutes 3-5 times a week
* Sleep - 7-8 hours per night
* Mindfulness meditation - 40 minutes per day (body scan, focused breathing etc)
* Sun - 20 minutes per day (minimum)
* A social life (talking to/meeting family and friends on a daily basis)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Detta tillstånd kom under sömn-vilket skyddade dej från
    inre skador.
    Under sömnen andas vi oftast med öppen mun o tillåter
    tex gas fr matsmältningen påverka läpparna.Nästa tillstånd kan bli astma.
    Därför-Bort med salt.Bröd.Allt som påverkar matsmältningen.Dvs det mesta.Tillåtet=lax.frukt.råa
    grönsaker.Råsaft på rotfrukter.Använd helmjölk.

    ReplyDelete