Saturday, March 13, 2010

Protopic 0,1% Trial – Postmortem

This will be a very short summary of my 21 day trial with Protopic 0,1% (which ended january 10, 2010). I applied the cream two times a day, in the morning and before going to bed.

Did it help?
I have not noticed any improvement, my condition is pretty much the same as before. I write this two months after I ended the trial and my lips are not better nor worse than before.

Side Effects?
I have not experienced any side effects. The only thing I noticed was that for a couple of days I got a new fordyce spot on my upper lip, which looked a bit red. It disappeared after a couple of days, came back a month later and then disappeared again. It's not possible to say whether this was linked to the Protopic or not.

What's next?
After discovering the fairly new case report Topical Calendula officinalis L. successfully treated exfoliative cheilitis: a case report (published in november 2009) I will do a trial with a calendula ointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment